Program & Volunteer Coordinator, Sanford Office
Part-time (25hrs/week) Bilingual Position Available Immediately
EVH seeks a talented and motivated Program & Volunteer Coordinator to assist in implementing programs, offering services to the Latinx community and managing volunteers in Lee County. This position is part-time at 25 hours per week, with the possibility of increasing to full-time in the future. The ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English and Spanish is required. The Program & Volunteer Coordinator reports to EVH’s Deputy Director.
- Assist in implementing our Community Support Program that offers direct services to community members.
- Participate in advocacy efforts on behalf of our constituents.
- Represent EVH at community meetings as needed.
- Participate in community outreach and presentations to our constituents and community at large.
- Recruit, train, and supervise EVH volunteers and/or interns.
- Help organize and coordinate events.
- Maintain client and volunteer database up to date.
- Assist in updating EVH’s social media pages.
- Participate in fundraising and other organization activities, as needed.
- Assist the Deputy Director with administrative duties, as needed.
- Attend trainings to advance professional and leadership skills.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills in Spanish and English (must be able to speak, read and write)
- At least 2 years’ experience in related skills
- Ability to work with persons of varying socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Organized, strategic and team player
- Able to relate to immigrants’ experiences
- Knowledgeable of Latin American cultures
- Able to manage priorities and deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office programs
- Available to work some evenings and weekends, as needed
- Strong commitment to EVH’s mission
- Compassionate and committed to social justice and equity
- Resilient and adaptable
- Knowledgeable about racial and gender equity principals
- Experience in volunteer management a plus
Compensation: annual salary range of $21,000 to $22,750 for 25 hours/week; commensurate with experience.
Benefits: health insurance, 10 day’s paid vacation, 12 day’s sick leave, and 11 paid holidays (pro-rated).
To apply: Email bilingual cover letter and résumé to hannia(at)evhnc.org, subject line “Program Coordinator Sanford”. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.
EVH is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religious beliefs, disability, sex, gender identity, or sexual orientation.