Fiesta 2022 was a huge success!
This year’s Hispanic Heritage Fiesta was a resound success! Over 5,000 people enjoyed our family friendly event. Fiesta showcased our community’s rich cultural traditions through music, dance, art, and a gorgeous parade of traditional outfits and quinceañeras.
Fiesta was only possible thanks to the generosity of 57 event sponsors, and the committed work of our amazing staff and 117 community volunteers and members of our youth group Orgullo Latinx Pride. A huge gracias to them, as well as to participating vendors, artists and audience for making Fiesta a big success. You’re the heart of Fiesta!
- 117 community volunteers contributed 1,200 hours to organize Fiesta.
- 75 booths from agencies, businesses, food and craft vendors.
- Health area with 13 booths ~ COVID-19 vaccines thanks to Piedmont Health Services.
- The 10 foot tall “mojiganga” (giant puppet) of Frida Kahlo stole the show during the parade. The puppet was created by our own Elena C. Gonzalez and her husband Juan Carlos. The mojiganga is on display at the NC Arts Incubator Gallery in Siler City.
- Niñolandia offered new attractions for children and youth, including a video game truck, giant bubbles, hula hoops, and Ubi the Clown.
- Fabulous music by Mariachi Mexico 2000, Descendientes de Tierra Caliente and our MC/DJ Cesar Merlos.
- During the opening ceremony, we were honored to hear from Chatham Commissioner Franklin Gomez-Flores, Siler City Mayor Chip Price, and members of the Immigrant Community Advisory Council for the Town of Siler City.
A very special thank you to our Fiesta 2022 VIP Sponsors
YOU helped make Fiesta a great event!