A Fabulous Hispanic Heritage Fiesta 2018
Nearly 1,000 diverse participants enjoyed the Hispanic Heritage Fiesta in Siler City!
After rescheduling due to hurricane Florence, we lucked out with a warm and sunny Saturday afternoon. Fiesta was only possible thanks to the generosity of our 36 sponsors and the incredible dedication of 86 volunteers. Many thanks to all our volunteers, exhibitors, artists and sponsors. Y’all are the heart of Fiesta!
- Hosted 47 outreach booths from non-profits, government agencies, business sponsors, and arts & crafts vendors
- 86 volunteers contributed 650 hours before and during Fiesta
- 44 event sponsors
- 25 new voters registered during Fiesta thanks to You Can Vote
- Gorgeous Parade of Traditional Latin American & Quinceañera outfits
- Health Fair with 8 information tables from private and non-profit service providers
- Niñolandia offered face painting, live reptile exhibit, crafts, storytelling and games
- And great food, of course!
We were honored to have Chatham Commissioner Karen Howard share words of welcome and solidarity at our Fiesta opening. Thank you Commissioner Karen Howard!
Our raffle was a bit hit! We sold over 700 tickets to raise funds for The Liaison. Congratulations to the 4 raffle winners:
- 1st prize ~ $200 in cash won by Noel Mooney of Greensboro
- 2nd prize ~ “chocoflan” cake for 20 people donated by Chef Elena Gonzalez won by Maria Herrera of Siler City
- 3rd prize ~ 4 day-passes to Shakori Hills Music Festival won by Ginny Lewis of Carrboro
- 4th prize ~ large handmade hammock donated by Ana Huezo won by coach Paul Cuadros of Pittsboro
A big thank you to our amazing artists and performers
Live music :
Traditional folkloric dances:
Art Exhibit at the NC Arts Incubator gallery by:
A special thanks to our Fiesta Planning Committee and to Elena Gonzalez and Juan Carlos Estrada for their extraordinary help and generosity.