SHOW YOUR LOVE and SOLIDARITY this February
In just one week this February, ICE arrested 270 immigrants in our region; 25 were detained at a workplace raid in Sanford. Many Chatham families were impacted.
We are heartbroken by the panic and suffering in our community and have huge tasks ahead.
We’re helping families impacted by the raids and are planning our 3rd Legal Fair on Saturday, April 6 to offer free consultations with immigration attorneys and inform our community about their rights. That and a lot more with only 3 staff members.
An ICE official stated that this is our “new normal” and that they “won’t turn a blind eye to other undocumented family members or friends in the wrong place at the wrong time.”
We are here to defend our community for the long haul.
“The time is always right to do what is right” ~ MLK
Can we count on you for $500, $250, $100 or $50 for our cause? Every dollar helps!
Click the “donate now” button or mail your contribution to:
200 N. Chatham Ave.
Siler City, NC 27344
In 2019, with your support we will:
- Support families impacted by ICE raids and help them secure legal representation.
- Empower Latinx high school students to excel in school and pursue a higher education
- Help DACA youth renew their applications
- Offer free consultations with immigration attorneys at our 3rd Legal Fair on Sat. April 6 in Siler City (more info soon)
- Keep our community informed about their rights
- Help 700 adults and children access vital services
- Host the Hispanic Heritage Fiesta on 9/14/19 to celebrate our cultural traditions
We are offering 2 PRIZES thanks to generous donors
For every $100 you give we will enter your name into a drawing to win one of these.
1st prizewinner’s choice:
With your help, we accomplished a lot last year!
- Partnered with families from Johnson’s Mobile Home Park and secured a settlement from Mountaire Farms including $8,300 in financial compensation for each of the 28 families who were evicted from their homes.
- Orgullo Latinx Pride youth program empowered 37 Latinx high school students in Chatham to excel in school, pursue a higher education and develop their leadership skills.
- Contributed $10,000 in legal fees to help families fight unjust deportations.
- Just launched a new REGIONAL LEGAL DEFENSE FUND in partnership with El Centro Hispano for families impacted by the recent raids. Visit our Facebook page to contribute to this fund!
- Hosted 2nd Legal Fair with 170 participants offering 45 free legal consultations with immigration attorneys, workshops and an expo of legal services and nonprofits.
- Awarded $2,125 in DACA renewal scholarships to 10 Chatham youth.
- Hosted our largest Hispanic Heritage Fiesta with over 1,000 participants, 47 outreach booths, parade of traditional outfits and many performances!