An amazing year!
We are proud to celebrate 22 years of service!
In the year since we reopened, our small staff and dedicated volunteers accomplished a great deal:
Helped 710 individuals through our Community Support Program, including 240 children.
Hosted 5 major events, including:
- 4th Annual Hispanic Heritage Fiesta attracted over 300 diverse participants who enjoyed live music, folkloric dances, an art exhibit by Cornelio Campos, and 18 information booths by local agencies and businesses. Photos here
- Day of the Dead/Death Fair in partnership with Abundance NC in Pittsboro. Over 600 diverse participants enjoyed arts and crafts for children, face painting, live music, an ancestors’ altar, workshops, “ded-talks”, films and information booths. Photos here
- Legal Fair on Immigration in Siler City to connect immigrants with resources and to empower them with knowledge about issues that impact their lives. We had 257 participants, 47 volunteers, 26 presenters and 25 sponsors. On offer were 6 workshops and 2 plenary sessions on a variety of immigration topics, and an expo with 15 information tables by attorneys and agencies. A highlight was the dialog session with local law enforcement officials with Sheriff Roberson, Captain Gardner, Siler City Chief Gary Tyson and Pittsboro Chief Percy Crutchfield. This was the first dialog of its kind in our community with all local law enforcement agencies represented. During lunch, participants enjoyed live music and poetry by 3 local poets, including a 6th grade Latinx student. Photos here
- Power of Attorney Legal Clinic in Siler City in collaboration with the NC Justice Center. We helped 31 individuals complete POAs with the help of 7 attorneys, 6 interpreters and a notary volunteered for the clinic. POAs are critical for helping community members protect their children and their assets in case of deportation. Photos here
- Youth Soccer Tournament in collaboration with the 3 Kings Soccer Association. The event was held at Chatham Middle School for high school age boys and girls. We had 170 participants, including 56 players and 26 volunteers. EVH raised $1,000!
These are a just a few highlights. With your help, we will have many more amazing years!